Friday, April 20, 2012

Trouble On the Tracks (The Netherlands)- Spring Break in the--- yeah,yeah…

IMG_4042.JPG by gkhamilton
IMG_4042.JPG, a photo by gkhamilton on Flickr.
After our train from Brussels got diverted twice, we all got kicked off on the wrong side of Amsterdam. For some reason, I look like I'm four feet tall in this photo my dad took of me scouring the map for an alternate route that WASN’T shut down.


From March 29: “There is trouble on the tracks ahead,” the train conductor blurted out just moments ago over the P.A. with a heavy Dutch accent, warning that our train from Brussels to Amsterdam is now being diverted. Again.

I had assured my dad back in Brussels that I would track down an Amsterdam hotel for us before the sun went down. It’s been pitch black outside for a while now, so I figure my travel cred was already toast before this train crossed into the Netherlands anyway.

I’m not worried, though. I’ve never had problems finding a hostel in Amsterdam, even at night. Stepping it up to a full-blown hotel for Bo should be a piece of cake.


Trust us, Amsterdam, we’re coming! Eventually.

No comments: