Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Rebirth

Update:  New pics were recently added to last week's “Lena’s First Zoo Visit” blog post (link).



One thing I'll miss about my early morning shift at Delta: Catching these gorgeous sunrises at PDX airport!


Thank you, Delta Airlines, for keeping me employed 17 years as of today!  Yesterday was the start of my new sleep-friendly Delta work schedule.  I already feel like a brand new man!

That means goodbye to waking up at 2:30 each morning for work.  Au revoir to scraping by on 3.5 hours of sleep a night.  Arrivederci to reduced intensity workouts compromised by extreme sleep deprivation.  Adios to looking and feeling like my actual grownup age!


And what to do with all of this anticipated energy, renewal, and vigor?  Here’s a hint:  God, family, friends, and coworkers are about to witness the Garth that has been long forgotten.  The real Garth.  I’m ready to start feeling like myself again.  Physically, spiritually, mentally, and emotionally--   I’m ready to whip myself into the best shape of my life!


This new schedule will require squeezing in significantly more hours for (and commuting to) work than in previous years.  But the time left over will be consumed by loving, living, serving, and adventuring.  And that’s what Garth’s Blog is all about! 




Here's a small taste of what's coming in the next month or so on Garth's Blog...






Camping and hiking in the Olympic National Forest... and other outdoor adventures!




Lena's first visit to Enchanted Forest!






A Daddy-Daughter photo blowout for Father's Day!






And premiering tomorrow night on Garth's Blog...




An outrageous, five part travelogue on how my attempted weekend in China led to the temporary seizure of my U.S. passport in Micronesia last month!!




No comments: